Sunday, 22 February 2015

My Skincare Routine


After the positive reaction I had from my last post I thought I'd write another advice post, except this time about skincare. I mostly have oily skin but it can get quite dry in places so overall I'd consider it to be combination. I've found that the following products work well for that type of skin. 


1. Exfoliant 


I cannot speak highly enough of the St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I tend to use it every other day in the shower when I am washing my hair. It comes out in a paste and you only need to use a tiny amount so it lasts for ages. I really like the way it makes my skin feel tight and I've definitely noticed my skin has been clearer since I started using it.

2. Cleansing Wipes


I've actually only been using these for a few months as previously I was using Simple Cleansing Lotion. The wipes are slightly more expensive as you use them up quicker but I think they're worth it because it's so much easier just to pull one out of the packet. I love how soft they make my skin feel and they're just so convenient if you've had a long day and can't bothered to wash your face.

3. Toner


For the final stage of my routine I apply a small amount of toner to a cotton pad and just gently wipe it around my face. It helps to ensure I've got all of the cleanser off and I like the feeling it leaves on my skin once it has dried. 

So that is my skincare routine! It might surprise you that I don't use moisturiser but my skin can get quite oily and I usually only apply it if I'm wearing foundation. You may try this routine out and hate it but if you do I really hope it works for you as well as it does for me!

---

Nicola

6 comments:

  1. I want to try the scrub , Cleansing wipes could be the easier thing t use but at the same time they damage your skin specially if you don't wash your face after using them since they don't remove all the make up . maybe that is why you're having oily skin sometimes.
    ps. two lovely bloggers and I are hosting a pinterest party, it is a great way to promote your blog and meet other blogger, we would love you to join us.
    http://the-colorpalette.blogspot.com/2015/02/pinterest-party-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try and rinse as much of it off my skin as I can with water but you could be right there.

      I'd love to join you, I'll take a look now. :)

      Delete
  2. I love th St Ives scrub and have used it for such a long time :)
    I love the buffed smooth skin it gives!
    I love simple products too and use their wipes when I'm wanting something quick to take my makeup off!
    I do cleanse tone and moisturise when I can be bothered though as I find it leaves my skin feeling so nourished and cared for!

    Helen

    www.jumblebug.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the St. Ives Scrub is amazing! It's a little pricey but so worth it.
      Yeah, you can definitely tell that toning and moisturising is doing a little extra for your skin than just plain old soap.
      Thanks for the follow back by the way. :)

      Delete
  3. You pretty much hit the nail on the head, because this is my exact skincare routine haha :) although I'm starting to use Garnier cleanser and moisturizer as well x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about Garnier skin products, might have to check them out. x

      Delete